Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ithaca vs Chicago

I was reflecting the other day on our new life and on how much things have changed in this last year for us. First of all that we moved to New York and things were totally different there, but then that we are in this totally new place again less than a year later! I don't have the pictures of our apartment from last summer (for those keeping score, that is three times moving and three different states in just barely over a year) but let me show you what I mean about all of the changes

ITHACA
Living Room





Dining room, kitchen



I guess I didn't take very good pictures of our room in Ithaca but here are two that Ben took of me in there so you get an idea.





Tiny Ithaca Bathroom. We only had one, now two.






CHICAGO

Our new couch changes shape so this is just one of them. It has changed three times already. I love it!

Dining room, or corner. You don't feel crammed though because of the windows



This is Ben's new Picture I got him for his B-day









And then the new thing is that we have a LAUNDRY ROOM!!!
We didn't have a laundry room in our apartment in Ithaca. I never thought I would be so happy to have a closet sized laundry room but I love it. And what a luxury it is to do laundry in your own apartment!

I didn't take this picture obviously but it looks the same. Right now our car is downstairs crammed in the garage tightly, I couldn't get a pic if I wanted.




As you can see neither place is like Salt Lake so there have been a lot of changes and I am seeing all sorts of things I never imagined. There are great things about each place we've been. Our life is definitely an adventure. New State, new city, new apartment, new furniture, new job, new car, new hair. I think the only thing the same is that I still have the same husband and he still has the same wife (well, and the same hair).

6 comments:

Derrill said...

"New State, new city, new apartment, new furniture, new job, new car, new hair..."

Makes me want to break into Oklahoma!

There's never been a better time to start in life-
It ain't too early and it aint too late!
Starting as a [corporate peon] with a brand new wife-
Still be living in a brand-new state!
Brand new [furniture, city, hairdo, car, and] state-
gonna treat you great! ...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Chicago where the wind comes sweepin down the streets....

We know we belong to Conagra
Where the land can be cool as Niagara
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Ben and Lexi!
But can you find a ... taxi!

Gini Calton said...

Ben & Lexi,
Just took a few minutes out of the evening to update myself on the family blogs. Wow! You guys have really made a lot of changes since the last time I checked in. You're in New York now? What is Ben doing for work now? How did the move come about? I just have to say, when I look at pictures of you, Ben, you remind me so much of your dad when he was your age and he and your mom were just starting out like you and Lexi. Looks like you two are doing great! Good luck on the job hunt, Lexi!
Love,
Jones Cousin, Gini

Angella said...

love your new place, and love your new hair!!! you are so fabulous! i miss you!!!

Aleta McHardy said...

Lexi and Ben,

I miss you guys so much! I am so happy I got to see pictures of your cute apartments :) I wish I could come and stay with you. I'll have to think of something... I want to start a blog too! I just wish I were cool enough to have people actually read it... it might be something fun to do instead of homework. You'll have to tell me how sometime. I love you so much! Ben, you look so great with your Conagra apron... very stylish and sexy!

Abby Runyan said...

Love the new hair. SO CUTE and LOVE the new apt. Miss ya!

Professor Price said...

where is the indoor basketball court? I know ben likes to wear crazy-short shorts when he plays. I thought an indoor court would give you more reasons to wear them.