Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday

OK, consider this a public apology. I sent an email to several family members and friends indicating that we were going to name our impending offspring 'Gretel.' Apparently my prose did not convey the triple layer of sarcasm with which it was intended. No, we are not naming her Gretel, although we may bring that name back to the table if we have twins down the road, so that they could be Hansel and Gretel. That's because Hansel's so hot right now. Hansel. [again, that's a joke--Zoolander].

To appease all parties involved, and in the spirit of collaboration, we have decided to include all suggestions for the baby's name. Her name will be DavernJackiePetuniaJenniferUtahna Jones. If you have any suggestions for baby number 2, we close the voting booths at the end of the second trimester.

On a more serious note, yesterday we went in for a dr. appointment and an ultrasound. We were happy to hear that Petunia (again, code name, not real name) is head-down and in position. The only concern is that there's an apparent shortage of amniotic fluid in Central Lexiland, so we're keeping a close eye on that situation. The official due date is October 16th, but they have told us several times that Petunia (again, not a real name, it's a flower, people) is a bit ahead of schedule, so we're planning on having a baby sometime between tomorrow at 6AM and mid-November.

As for actual names, the jury is still out. We have a few ideas, but we're staying tight-lipped for two reasons. #1 - we enjoy suspense and #2 - there's a 90% chance we'll change our minds by the time she's born. However, to appease your penchant for curiosity, I will share with you the top ten names we will not be using (this time I'm serious--consider this documented proof that we have a contractual obligation to forego the following names). Here are the Top Ten Names from the home office in Fargo, North Dakota.

10. Sigríður Hrafna Benjamínsdóttir (Lexi put the kibosh on that one--I liked it)
9. Lucy "Danger" Jones
8. M. Diddy Jones
7. Bexi Jones (Sorry Matt and Caroline, our celebrity couple name doesn't roll of the tongue nearly as well as Madeline does)
6. Alli Capone Jones
5. Chicago Petunia Jones
4. Alexandriettalina McRuth Jones
3. Hillary Walker-Jones
2. Davern Harris Walker Jones
...and...
1. Latifa Shaniqua Jambalaya Jones

3 comments:

JN Designs said...

NICE!!! I am glad everything went well and she is head down! Yea for no c-section! I hope all goes well with the delivery, be sure to call us, we will love her no matter what you name her cause she is going to be adorable even if her father is mean enough to give her an awful name, lol!

Cassidy and AE Harris said...

I was totally voting for number one!! Dang! Ha ha I really like the name lucy though.... but without the middle name danger. I can't wait to see her.

AMIT said...

Is this a painting?Or its something else?

Web hosting india