Sunday, August 8, 2010

Surprise! You're old!




For Ben's birthday we went out to eat. I got Gluten free pancakes, Macie got to chew on a metal spoon, which she loves. Ben got. . . well breakfast. Also I made him dinner and gave him a gift card for the Naperville Running company because he wants to get back into running and do another half marathon. Little did he know that there was more in store for him on Saturday afternoon...




Ben has reached the ripe old age of the big 3-0. He was having a bit of a hard time with the fact that he is no longer part of the young bucks so I threw him a surprise birthday party. . . wild west style. Anyone who knows Ben knows that at heart he is two things 1) a kid and 2) a cowboy. The theme was an easy choice. This party was complete with cupcakes, ice cream, a pinata, sidewalk chalk, and presents given with the obligatory "heavy heavy hangover thy poor head" (suggested by Brady).

Basically we made Ben feel like a kid again for the day and only rubbed in the fact that he is 30 a little bit.

Jean helped me out by frosting the cupcakes. I feel like I could write an entire blog called EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW, JEAN ALREADY KNOWS
I have adopted Jean as my Naperville mom, whenever I need something and don't know what else to do, I know I can call Jean. I try not to do it too often because Jean is the Relief Society president and has a million things going on all the time, and a life, and a family, but whenever I need her she is kind enough to not act like I am taking time away from all of those things and just to help me out. Look at these beauties! Sprinkles and designs even.
Thanks again Jean!!!

The pinata was a cowboy hat and the kids loved watching the candy fall on everyone's heads.


Matthew Gallup drew a picture of "Brother Jones" for his birthday. Ben has told his primary kids that he is a vampire, so this is how he looks to them. (he has also told them that he is in the FBI)



It was a lot of fun. I put out a poster for people to write on that said "what's so great about being 30?" The answers were:
IDK I'm 13
In your old age you can offer wisdom
It beats being 50
it beats being 13 again
you get no respect when you are under 30
you at least look mature, even though you really aren't

Feel free to add your own reason in the comments on here.

Happy Birthday Old Man Child!

2 comments:

M B said...

Love you guys!

M B said...

Love you guys!