Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Daddies Day


Here is a picture of Macie and her best buddy Piper (Macie is sharing a cupcake with Piper). Macie and Pipers daddies have the exact same birthday. Same day. Same year. So we had a double birthday party. Both daddies are 31 this Year. Ben said he officially has to admit he is 30. I asked him what last year was and he said it was just that you were in your really late 20's. It was so fun to get together with friends and eat yummy treats. Lucky for us Beth (Piper's mommy) makes really amazing treats. It made the birthday spread much better. All of the adults talked while the kids attacked a fort Derek (Piper's daddy) had made.

At one point in the evening I noticed that the kids were playing but Macie and Piper had disappeared. I went to look for them and I found the funniest scene. Macie, Piper, and Jared Meservy (5). Jared is sitting on the toilet doing his little man business and Macie is pointing at him and saying "Potty. Poop. Potty" and Piper is clapping for him and saying "yaaaayyyy". They all had huge smiles on their faces. It was so funny!!!!! I realized at that moment though that we are starting the age where these two girls are going to find all sorts of mischievous things to do when the parents aren't looking.

0 comments: