Well the day came. We have known that the Higginbothams were only here for three years since we met them, our second week here. As the clock ticked I just pushed it aside and told myself if would never come. Well, it came. . . and they went. It's the end of Chicago as we have always known it. We are so happy for them, but still sad for us. I held it together for a solid month from the time I found out. I have had my little break down about it and I have recovered, I think. Phone calls, emails, and texts keep things close enough to normal for Beth and I but for our girls it's a different life. Here is my little memory book of Macie and Piper.
We have only had two real low points. About three days after they left Macie asked me to see Piper and when I told her she moved she said "want see Piper Mommy. Please Mommy. Want see Piper" and cried. It was heart breaking. A few days later she woke up crying in the middle of the night and when I asked her why she was crying she said "want see Piper, Mommy".But now Macie copes by wearing her "Piper hat" sometimes while she talks on a fake phone to a fake Piper and tells her all about her day. Also she asks to see pictures of Piper and wants them in a picture book that she found in her room. One morning when she woke up and I asked her what she dreamed about she said "Piper tickle Macie! So funny. Tickle tickle Macie. Tickle Piper" She has finally stopped getting off her bike every six or so rocks to say "Piper turn". It's hard to see your baby lose her best friend, and harder to lose yours at the same time. We miss you Higgys!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Mouse and Pipes
Posted by Lexi at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We just finished watching this for the eleventh time in a row tonight. Yesterday it was 13 I think. As soon as it finishes piper starts frantically saying more in alternating English, French and signing. She woke up late. Sorry we missed skyping.
Post a Comment