Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thoughts about Macie's birthday

I can't believe she is almost 3.  She has gotten so grown up so quickly.  I was okay with  her talking early and walking early and getting tall at such a young age, but turning three just seems so big.  Also, this year she has gone from being a baby to a teenager saying things such as. "Daddy, I need some money to go shopping".  Also she swipes the credit card whenever we buy something.  She wears my shoes around the house daily (mostly heels) and asks to wear my make-up and jewelry all the time. Luckily she still thinks that sunscreen is makeup so she puts her own sunscreen on her face everyday.  She has asked for earrings so I bought her some stick on earrings which she goes through very quickly since they lose their stick if you take them off more than twice and she takes them off to look at them 6 or 7 times. Here are some thoughts about other things I know she would love this year.

Anything dress up.  She has some dresses but shoes, jewels, hats, wigs, purses, she loves it all. She wears bracelets and necklaces outside occasionally and always when we are going down to get a package.

A doll, something Barbie size or similar, Tinkerbell, Cinderella, or Ariel are her favorites right now.  She has babies but she has shown some interest in this new kind of doll lately. The one she liked was Rapunzel at the Disney store.  I don't know if it was the hair or the doll itself but she went on and on about her.

Alphabet things.  She can identify a little over half of the letters but she is now asking about sounds too. She reads her books all of the time.  Sometimes she makes up stories about the pictures.  They are either in English or her made up language I call Islandic.  Sometimes she writes things down for me in that language too.  The words and letters aren't real, but they are on the line like real words.

Sticker books.  It's a no fail winner, always.

Dentist or Doctor kit.  She LOVES her doctor but LOATHES the dentist.  She screamed so much they couldn't even check her teeth.  We are hoping to make more of a game out of it and try again. (Kicking myself for not having our dentist look at her teeth while he was here so she understood what to expect from a dentist)


A dress myself type of doll or book with practice items.  She is getting very good at dressing herself but can't quite figure out all of the fasteners.  Something to practice on would help her frustration in that department.  She is trying really hard lately to get the zipper end into the metal zipper pull.  

Markers.  I will only let her use the Color Wonder ones or something else that doesn't have the potential to stain EVERYTHING.  She wants to use the markers I have but she still scribbles with a full arm range on and off the page.  I have told her NO MARKERS.  She doesn't even know that markers exist that I will let her use.

Pajamas with zippers.  This is a direct quote.  I don't know exactly what it means, that is her request though.  We are buying 4T in pajamas now to make it through the winter. Everything else is 3T.

 Anything cause and effect.  She loves when she makes something happen.  She loves figuring out how to make it happen again.  It you have to do different things to make the same thing happen she loves it even more.

Books:
 Sink or Swim by Valerie Coulman

Kevin Henkes books.  We have Chrysanthemum, Owen, and Weekend with Wendell.  She LOVES them all. I think anything by him would be another favorite.

Dr Seuss books: We have One Fish Two Fish and some of the board books but none of the bigger story books. (We have The Grinch also)
 
Books with magnets.  The only thing better than stickers


Hopefully this helps









0 comments: