Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Our Honeymoon






We went on our honeymoon to Aruba! It was a complete surprise to Lexi. All I told her was to bring a couple of swimsuits and some shorts. She didn't learn about our destination until we were in Puerto Rico on our second layover. Our gate agent at the airline was very helpful in letting me check her in for an international flight without Lexi knowing anything about it.

We stayed in a really cool resort called the Divi Aruba. It is an all-inclusive resort, which is definitely the way to go. We had omelettes for breakfast pretty much every morning and had about as many pina coladas and strawberry daquiris as is humanly possible. They were all virgin, of course.

We took a jeep safari on one of the days. I got to drive a Land Rover Discovery in Aruba! How many people can say that? We saw natural bridges, a lighthouse, a house with a fence made out of cacti, and the world's second-largest water desalination plant (the biggest being in Saudi
Arabia). We then continued our tour which took us to a private island owned by the touring company we were with. We snorkeled with some of the most beautiful fish on the planet. There was one small problem with this. I don't like being close to fish. We had some fish food and Lexi wanted to take pictures of me feeding them. Not gonna happen. She gives me a hard time about it, and rightfully so, but I hate those little fish. Watching her feed them from a distance was quite enjoyable, though.

It was hard to come back, but every vacation has to come to an end. I miss having a deck that is 30 feet away from the ocean, walking into a restaurant and not having to pay for anything (until you go home), and shopping for trinkets downtown. Well, such is life. Lexi and I had an amazing time and recommend Aruba to all of our friends. And if you go there, we'll probably want to come with you, so be forewarned.

0 comments: