
Yesterday we took advantage of the fact that we are in one of the biggest off-Broadway locations in the world. The two suburban transplants rode the train into downtown Chicago to the theater district and saw Wicked. It takes about an hour and twenty minutes to get from our apartment to Union Station downtown. Fortunately the theater district is just a few blocks away from the main train station, so we just walked the rest of the way.
The play was in the Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theater. I knew Lexi would love the play, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. The details of the show were amazing. The lights, sound, and fog machines were incredible. The closing scene of the first act is awesome. I won't ruin it for those who haven't yet seen it, but just know that it will be really cool.
It was a lot of fun to travel downtown. We are thinking that we might want to try living in downtown Chicago for a while if I end up working for ConAgra after graduation. If we do that, we would probably rent an apartment for 6-12 months and then find a place to buy for the longer term.
Oh yeah, and today Lexi met not one, but two friends at church who are under 30. She's excited to have people to hang out with. Now we can probably go on double dates with people.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Wicked!
Posted by Ben at 5:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Wicked! We saw it in L.A. a few years ago. It was one of the best musicals ever. You guys are so lucky to be living in such a cool city with lots of fun things to do!
We love reading about the fun things you guys are doing! Haven't seen Wicked but have only heard good things about it. We miss you!
Post a Comment