Monday, October 8, 2007

Manly Project

When we got married we inherited a table and chairs from Lexi's mom. It's a nice set, but it has a few miles on the odometer. The table top was getting worn out, so it behooved me as the tough husband to fix it. I bought a cordless orbital sander (which I love) that matches my drill so I can use the same battery system [insert adrenaline-pumping grunt here]. After quite a bit of work I got the beveled edge and top sanded. Then I began to stain it. That was all fine and good until it started raining. I have to do this on our deck, because I don't have a proper workshop area. My beautiful masterpiece got water spots on it. I'm waiting to get another free day with good weather so I can sand it down again and restain it. Somebody call Bob Vila.

2 comments:

britta said...

You have been tagged! Go to my blog for further instructions! HA!

L said...

Ben! Hello! I stumbled onto blog and just wanted to send a shoutout from an old from the Hill! Looks like fun in NY! Take care...Lichelle