Keeping with tradition I'm posting this about two weeks after the fact. Lexi and I went to Washington DC for a long weekend. One of Lexi's good friends, Kathleen, lives just outside the city. She was gracious enough to let us stay with her. She even let us sleep in her bed. (She slept in the other room--it wasn't sketchy)
This is Lexi with Kat with the Washington Memorial in the background.
We got a chance to see downtown a little bit. This is Chinatown. I was surprised to learn that there is a building restriction in the city that limits the height of buildings. Other than special monuments (i.e. Washington) buildings can't be higher than 12 stories tall (or something around that). It didn't really feel like we were in the middle of a big city because the buildings were very medium-sized.
We also met up with Adam and Andrea Alba (that's a lot of a's). Adam is one of my old mission companions. He's in law school at George Washington University. It's kind of a strange picture, but I just realized that I didn't snap any other pictures with them.
The weekend we were there just so happened to be the cherry blossom festival. I wondered why they needed to have a festival for their cherry blossoms until I actually saw them. It was so beautiful downtown. Totally festival-worthy! And after being in the frozen land of Ithaca it was nice to see some harbingers of spring that will eventually come.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Washington DC
Posted by Ben at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You guys are becoming quite the travelin' fools, what fun!!
Ben?
Ben-
Stumbled on your blog through other homer family blogs...Fun! If you are heading to Chicago, maybe you need to come down and visit NYC first? Your NYC cousin would love to "host" you for a weekend! Drop us a line...and drop on by! :)
Best,
Andrea
You guys always get to do the cool stuff . . . So, Lexi, when are you going to come hang out with me? :) Ben you can come too, I suppose. Figured out a new hobby yet? You should put a poll here on your blog so people can help you decide.
looks like so much fun i miss u girly how r u
We'd love to hit Chicago sometime! Keep in touch.
Post a Comment