Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A WEDDING!!!!


And at the end of our trip we finally got to do what we came to do. Watch cousin Alli marry Justin. It was such a beautiful wedding. The ceremony was very . . . well funny. The sealer asked Justin "how did an ugly mug like you get a beautiful girl like this?" It was so unexpected which made it all the more hilarious. Seriously though she couldn't have found a better guy to marry. They are so cute and fun together. Here are some highlights:


Waiting for the Bride and Groom to come out of the Temple.


POWOW

MP!
(this means Model Pose, when someone says it you have 3 seconds to pick your model pose)

This is my handsome husband waiting in line for our groups turn in front of the temple

Ben MP

Jenna and her Boyfriend Steve. This was our first time getting to meet Steve. We like him a lot and we think that he is the best part about Jenna's new Arizona home, although I have to say that gluten free twinkies are on the list of best things also. I miss my cousin and I'm glad that Steve is taking care of her. Maybe we can teach him about MP and dance parties. He seemed to keep himself occupied pretty well while the crazy Harris clan ran around doing wedding stuff. We got to go have a campfire and roast marshmallows with them while we were home as well. It was great fun.

Mad scramble for food at the reception after lots and lots of setting up. There were so many flowers everywhere, all summer colors and so pretty.

Father of the Bride




















Mother of the Bride













Taking a break to watch the wedding video.(I am happy I'm just still puffy face so I can't smile very well)
Getting to the end of a very long and exciting day

Just a little reminder that Alli did in fact catch the bouquet at my wedding last year. And look at her now. . .
I guess it does work.

The most memorable part of the evening though happened after the bride and groom left and most of the clean up was done. We had been at Tracy Aviary for about 6 hours with people all over and I came across this sign
In case you can't read that it says that there are salamanders behind a log that I am looking at on the floor. . . they are poisonous to the touch. I was so amazed by this because it seemed so unlikely that something like that would be there especially since the log the sign was on was not enclosed in any way. So I peeked over the top of it and this is what I saw
Lots of them, with nothing keeping them behind that log. The side had an open walkway and I would imagine they could have crawled over the log also if they wanted. I guess they are happy to be where they are which works well since we really couldn't have picked them up to put them back if they had gotten out. It was rather a funny find. I showed Jenna and we laughed. Overall it was a really good day.

0 comments: