Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas prep

We are finally getting around to thinking about Christmas. I mean of course we shopped Black Friday but other than that Christmas hasn't come to mind for us. We are very tired, not Scrooges. Our neighbors are pretty big into the Christmas decorating and people have had full on decorations all over since before Thanksgiving (don't get me started on when Christmas is allowed to enter the holiday scene) and they probably are starting to think we are Jehovah's Witnesses or reclusive with our house lights off early and no decorations for the holidays. We didn't really have a lot of decorations since for the last few years we have been living in apartments so we had to go buy some stuff. This is our make shift Christmas.

We don't have a fireplace so we made our shelves into a mantle :) We bought stocking holders and there were four which worked perfectly with our four columns on our shelves but unfortunately doesn't work as well with only three family members so the stocking on the end is just a random one we had. Macie's stocking is the reindeer one.

Our tree seemed a lot bigger in the apartments we have been in before but once we got it all dolled up it looks quite presentable. Tree is complete with Macie's first ornament complements of Uncle Quinton and Aunt Ruth.
Now that we have furniture in our dining room it was great to put my Spode Christmas china in an actual china hutch.


Then we just added a couple of small touches in places to make sure each room on the main floor at least knew it was Christmas


It's nice to move into a place before Christmas so you can put Christmas decorations up and pretend that you have stuff for all the walls in your new place. Someday we can be like our Relief Society president who has so many boxes of decorations for the holidays she says it looks like they are moving when they bring them all upstairs. The decorating is AMAZING. Oh the things you never knew you needed before having a house, the list goes on and on. We couldn't do that this year if we tried though, we went shopping last night for Christmas decorations and we went a few nights ago to Costco. There are almost no decorations left!!! See what happens when you put up decorations in October??? Now it's all skewed, Christmas is over three weeks before it started! LAME!

Macie seems to like Christmas. She was very tired and wouldn't go to sleep while we were putting up the tree, but she was very happy so we ran for the camera. Lately we are learning to sleep and each day gets better. It has only taken us three hours to go to sleep once in the last two weeks. Today she took every nap on time except for one where she fell asleep and woke up 20 minutes later. Tonight Daddy gets rocking duty. Usually Ben stays up to put her to sleep at night and I do all of the middle of the night wake up time. I made him do middle of the night once two nights ago and he got sick the very next day, caught whatever frog was jumping through the house in the middle of the night. It landed in his throat. Men could not be moms.


The video is being dumb, I will try again tomorrow, but here is a picture.


On another note I got to go to the dentist today and have my teeth "cleaned". Apparently I have pregnancy gingivitis. All the tooth care I did didn't help, the hormones won. So the way they fix that is to numb you up, scrape each tooth thoroughly with a metal hook, power wash them and your gums, then use a laser to stop all of the bleeding that is inevitable from that kind of madness. I say stop the bleeding but that's not really true, the dentist said my gums will bleed for two more weeks because of the laser, then I am supposed to feel fantastic. . . seems like 6 or 7 steps backward before going forward in the feeling better department. They usually prescribe you prescription pain medication but when you are nursing they just send you home and say good luck, take some Tylenol. I get all of my lower teeth done next Wednesday. This is just one more argument for why Macie is not getting a sibling for awhile. Poor Teeth.

3 comments:

Steve, Jenna, Isla, Ivy and Weston said...

I feel the same way about the Christmas decorations... Macie is already getting big! Not fair, could you stunt her growth for a while until I can see her? That would be great, thanks.

J.B. said...

Oh man, I've never even heard of pregnancy gingivitis. No fun. The house and kid look fun though. Good work.

Derrill Watson said...

Joy says, "Comment on why Macie's not getting a sibling for a while: That just REALLY resonated with me. Isn't it so great to hvae your baby? It's so great that they're so wonderful (even though they're difficult). But I will NEVER fantasize about having a baby the same way because I never thought it was so hard. But I'm so happy to have little Hyrum."