Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cornell Hockey

Last week Lexi and I went to the Cornell vs. Dartmouth hockey game. I felt like a fish out of (frozen) water because I don't know anything about hockey beyond the fact that you try to get the puck into the other team's net. The refs kept blowing the whistle and I had no idea what was going on. It doesn't make much sense to me that you can take your gloves off and punch somebody but you can't cross the line before somebody passes the puck to you...go figure. Maybe I should have been born in Canada so I wouldn't be so ignorant.

Anyway, we had a great time. Cornell pulled it off.



As a sidenote, Ivy League schools need some serious help with mascots. Cornell is the "Big Red" and Dartmouth is the "Big Green". It was like the Christmas showdown! What is scary, intimidating, or even admirable about a color? Can't we be more creative than that?

0 comments: