Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday!!!!

Well the busy time of year has come again. I was really worried that with my birthday being so close to my anniversary Ben would just kind of look over my birthday but this year was awesome! I got to go to the Waterloo outlets and go shopping for clothing that doesn't have haircolor on it, doesn't have holes in it, and hasn't been shrunk. . . yet. Nothing was faded to the point where you aren't quite sure what color it is supposed to be either. It was great! Then we went to the airport to pick up my friends who flew in from Utah and we all went to dinner at Carabas in Syracuse. They have a gluten-free menu just for me. Then we all came back to Ithaca stuffed as can be and had cake and homemade ice cream and opened presents. I got SETTLERS OF CATAN! Those who know how much I love this game can understand the excitement. Plus I got and expansion pack for it to play with 5-6 people and I got the Cities and Knights expansion. I am still learning that part of it. I did not win. I also got lotion from the Gap that I love and jewelry and a purse direct from India and lots and lots of gluten free food from Utah that I can't get out here. I have been eating bread like items all the time since then and I love it, no more rationing for awhile. All in all it was a great birthday. Everyone played Settlers with me (just the plain version) and I won. Then I had 4 more days of fun with friends showing them around Ithaca and going to Palmyra and hiking gorges
They thought it was pretty great. I think we have convinced at least one of them to make Ithaca a candidate to live in. It was pretty funny, between three people we had 2 Karly's and 2 Kump's. . . but only one Karly Kump. It made getting only one persons attention interesting.








I had a great time. Thank you to Karly Mather, Karly Kump and Ryan Kump for flying all the way to the other side of the country to visit!

0 comments: