Thursday, May 29, 2008

Graduation


Well, it's official. Cornell let me graduate. It feels really good to be done. Being here has been a great experience and a difficult trial at times. A lot of things have happened during my time here. I had the opportunity to meet many people who I will miss greatly.

First of all, I need to thank Lexi for supporting me throughout all of this. I dragged her across the country to live in Ithaca. She has also been my sugar mama for the past year, working at a job that can be frustrating at times. Thanks for standing by me and seeing my potential.


My parents made the trek out here to be a part of graduation. Thanks again for coming, Mom and Dad. Your example growing up helped me set the expectation to pursue my education.

Commencement was awesome. When I graduated from BYU the commencement ceremony was kind of long and boring. But Cornell's commencement was a lot of fun. The PhD students have really cool robes. You can see a couple of them in the red robes in this picture. The faculty all wore their regalia from their respective schools. I sat right across the aisle from them, so it was neat to try to guess which schools they represented.



I'm not a hard-core Cornellian by any means, but I started to feel some school pride at graduation. I don't think I'll shed too many tears about leaving Ithaca, but something about the Big Red got a hold of me while I was here.



4 comments:

rach said...

Love the big glasses of course us twins i have those!:)

Adam said...

Congrats on the graduation! I wish Adam could say the same. 2 more long, lonely years ahead...

Have fun on your vacation! Lucky!

The Volles said...

BeenJammin!!! Congrats on the grajemation. Way to put that huge head to work! Good luck in Chicago. It seems to me like you guys are due for a trip to Vegas... Do it! Do it!

Rock on brother!!! (insert funk scream and grunt sounds, plus a couple of wakka-chikkas) Dig it!

JN Designs said...

Are you still alive???? How's Chicago????