Sunday, May 25, 2008

One Whole Year. . . and no returns

Ben said that if he could find his receipt he still had time to return me or exchange me for store credit, but he decided to keep me instead. I tried to take him back but the store I bought him from went out of business. We decided both things were for the best.

For our anniversary on May 22 we decided to go to Skeaneateles (pronounced Skan E atlus or Skinny atlus depending on how upstate you are). It was a cute place and we were so exhausted with everything going on, birthday 8 days before and graduation coming 3 days after with people in town for both, we were happy to get away for a night. I realized that we didn't take all that many pictures and none of them have both of us together in them. That's what you get when there are only two of you and one is always holding the camera. We stayed at a B&B called the Hummingbird Inn (again, no pictures of it) where we had our own suite that had a private bathroom and private living room! On our anniversary we took a boat cruise on Skaneateles lake. We were the only ones on it who were not part of the company of librarians. They were much more drunk than we were. It was kind of funny to have a bunch of normally very quiet people being so loud. It gave me a new impression of what could happen at the Library. During the day we wanted to look at shops and stroll around town but it ended up raining all day and being very cold so we bought Ben a rain coat and then went to Syracuse to look for one for me. We didn't find one so I just wore Ben's jacket on the boat and he wore his coat. We shivered a bit but I guess that is a good excuse to cuddle right? This year has been interesting. Everyone said the winter wasn't as cold as usual but it just won't go away! It was the same temperature for our anniversary trip in May as it was for our Valentines Day trip in February. Where is spring? One great thing we decided from this trip was that we need some warmth so for our 10 days in between moving out of Ithaca and being able to move in to Chicago we are going to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC! We are so excited. We know that this will be at the beginning of summer and we will come back to heat but when you've had 8 months of winter there can be no such thing as too much summer.

Here are the pictures we did take. Most of them are from the cruise of houses on the water that were amazing and are peoples second homes. . . unbelievable.

















































I can't believe it's been a year already. I really love being married. I got a good husband. I think moving away from our family has really been good for us and it makes every day a vacation. I am looking forward to a hundred more years together. I love you Husband!

2 comments:

JN Designs said...

Hey Lexi that is to bad the store is gone and won't accept returns, ha ha. Congratulations on making it through the first year! Also congrats on graduation and happy belated b-day. What a busy couple of weeks you have had. when are you guys coming this way???

rach said...

Lexi you are a babe!!! I swear i saw u on the today show!!! I miss u!