Sunday, June 22, 2008

Travel Log

Okay we have been so lazy at blogging lately. Moving always seems to do that to us. I have a lot of catch up to do so let me start with past graduation.
We went home to Utah for two weeks. We originally planned one week but then changed it to two weeks because Ben needed a root canal and we wanted to do it sooner than later, however when we got to the dentist he looked at Ben's tooth and said he didn't need a root canal, he just needed his crown filed down a little. We were glad to have dodged that bullet. Then we had the dentist look at my tooth because it was hurting me at the airport, lots of pressure under my tooth. . . I ended up needing a root canal. So we didn't actually dodge anything, we still had to pay for a root canal a month before we have dental insurance, Murphy's Law. They were so great about it and moved their schedules so that I could have everything done while I was home, even the crown. I was so grateful to not have to wait and not have to come back for more work at Christmas. I wasn't so happy about having to go back three days in a row and have shots two days in a row. My face was swollen for days. All of the pictures of me at cousin Alli's wedding are a little off because my left side of my face was still swollen puffy and I couldn't smile all the way because of it. I really was enjoying myself I just couldn't smile.

We had a great time and I thought we would have so much time to see people since we were there for so long but our time filled up so quickly. We ended up having two days that weren't scheduled and those ended up being long days at the dentist. It was fun to have so much going on though because since Ben finished school we just kind of hang out, I worked three days a week, not nearly as exciting as everything going on with our families. We started out by driving to Idaho Falls to see our grandparents and my Uncle Tony and Aunt Emi had just moved back from Brazil so we got to see them as well as my cousin Alec who was born over there so it was my first time seeing him as well as Ben's first time meeting any of them. It was great.

When we got back we had McKayla's second birthday. We bought her shoes. She loves shoes, and clothes, and purses, and anything "pitty", such a girl! It was so cute to watch her open all of her clothes and tell us how pretty they were and carry the gift bag around like a purse. We got many pictures of the shoes that she just had to put on before she could open another present, and the cake and the face that comes with the cake. She even did a "Sumo" walk for us, it was great.














I can't get over how cute she is. Chocolate face!!!


0 comments: