Well that is just the question every night since I have all of this free time but today was much more blog worthy than other days. I got a call this morning from my friend Heather Fife and she had news that there was an event going on in Millennium Park and she thought we should get moving and go see it so I did just that. We walked in to the park at 10:00 am, passing the press area and all of the police and the Mayor' s car and the double decker buses on our way. We rounded the amphitheater and found a spot with a nice side view of thisThere is a lot going on in here so you might have to click on it to fully understand. Oprah, and all of the Team USA Olympians, 175 of them! We got to watch them tape it and take pictures it was so much fun! My favorite picture was this one because of Shawn Johnson standing next to Michael Phelps. She is like HALF his size!!!
And I love this one with Oprah's big hair. This is during a commercial break and she showed us her shoes and now she is telling us how they are made for standing, but not walking.It was so much fun. I loved it. Now I can say I got to see Oprah. As well as Michael Phelps and Nastia Luikin and Shawn Johnson and Kobe Bryant. . . lots of people.
It was a great morning. Look for the show on Monday Sept 8th. I may be in the crowd that is standing on the lawn. The cameras were on us but you never know what they are going to cut out. I will be in an aqua colored short sleeve jacket and a white shirt. :)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
What did I do today in Chicago?
Posted by Lexi at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so sweet! You killed two birds with one stone... and for free!!! I'm way jealous! That is such a cool memory.
WOW you saw BIG O and PHELPS!!! Ohhh man that is so OSM!! I miss Chicago
That has nothing to do with Olivies or Octpi!
HEY BEXI,
So I found your blog through no small miracle. I miss you guys and will be adding your blog to my blogroll if you don't mind so I can keep tabs on you two.
It was great to see both of yas at Brother Lintons wedding. Hugs, Bryce
Post a Comment