Friday, March 27, 2009

Our little Peanut

We got our first ultra sound and we were very excited to see our little peanut. This was at 8 weeks and 4 days. The newest thing for week 8 was that the baby had just grown a nose and eyelids. I was excited that we could see the nose and such a good view of the profile. We also got a real due date at the appointment which is October 16th. They didn't let us hear the heart beat (the nurse gave me some lame excuse why they don't let you hear it, just see it) but we did see it and she did show us the speed of the heart beat which was 170 bpm! It's unbelievable how fast it goes, no wonder I'm tired all the time. I am 10 almost 11 weeks along now which means that since this picture our baby has grown arm buds, leg buds, elbows, knees, ankles, and started growing tiny ears, bones and baby teeth! It's crazy how much happens so quickly. I have still been incredibly sick and having the weirdest cravings. I ate bacon the other day for the first time in like fifteen years. I eat bananas all the time and I'm putting mushrooms in everything. Ben asked me who I am and what I've done with his wife. The other weird thing is that things taste funny to me. I ate grapes and they tasted like leaves, an orange tasted like a tomato and sugar still just tastes gross. I am really hoping that at 12 or 13 weeks I can start keeping food down without medication. I will be excited to have some life back. My house is messy and I haven't talked to people in so long because I only have about 3 good hours in a day and I work for more hours than that everyday. Also my "morning sickness" always seems to wait until around 4 pm and last the rest of the day which puts a damper on the social aspects of life. As soon as I feel better I will be around again though. If anybody wants to come visit me, I'm around, just on the couch :)

3 comments:

Angella said...

What a cute little peanut! You are so lucky to be able to see so much of the baby's face. My early ultrasounds always looked like a real peanut- no face- just a cute little blob of love. This is going to be a cute one, I think! :)

Miss you!!!

Cassidy and AE Harris said...

I am so excited to be there in July!! I can't wait to see you guys and see your cute belly! I hope you feel better and I hope you feel better when we are there.
I am so excited for you guys!

Hoylelicious said...

That's weird I thought you were having a baby not a peanut - must be the water in Chicago!