Monday, March 2, 2009

Valentines Day

This year with Valentines Day being on a Saturday we had a whole day to play. We decided not to do the typical dinner (even though we haven't ever done that yet, I still think of it as traditional) but instead we went to get a couples massage which was fantastic. Ben was a little wary at first but he loved it too. We also went to "breakfast" at Rose's Bakery in Evanston, Il. It is a gluten free bakery! I have been looking for one of those since I got here. I ate a muffin the size of my head and Ben had a blondie, so we didn't REALLY choose breakfast food, but it was awesome.We also had some FANTASTIC chocolate covered strawberries. Then we went shopping at the outlet malls in Gurnee. It was fun for each of us to get a new outfit. I love just spending the whole day with Ben.
This year we got each other pink gifts, Ben got me 12 pink roses. They were such a great surprise and so pretty, I loved them. And I gave him two pink lines. . .


10 comments:

Dyana said...

So exciting, Ben & Lexi~ Congrats!
When is he due date? I can post an update to the Jones Family blog when I get the details....email me.

Angella said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you! How are you feeling? What a fun way to tell Ben! I bet he was absolutely beside himself! Miss you so much!

Christy said...

Congrats! That is so cute...

Crystal said...

aaaaaahhhhhh!

Derrill Watson said...

AAAAAAAAAAA! Congratulations! "Good for you, Lexi! Congratulations," says Joy. "I'm so happy for you."

Cassidy and AE Harris said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see you in July when your showing! I am so excited for you guys. We want details.

Lexi said...

Well Cassidy, when a man and a woman really love each other. . .

britta said...

WHAT!!!! Congratulations!!! You have to call me ASAP!! Oh my! And you have to move back to utah right now and buy your house next door so our little ones can be best friends!!! love you guys!!

Hoylelicious said...

HA HA that was clever.. the pink gifts! That was cute. Congrats again.

Amber Volle said...

Congratulations guys!!! So fun. You're in for a wild ride. Keep us updated with pregnancy pics, ultrasound photos, and name choices... etc. Congrats again. We're really happy for you guys. Keith and Amber