In order to not think about being sick I have been thinking about all the things that are the best about pregnancy. So it is the best. . .
. . . time to watch movies all the way through (which I haven't done in years)
. . . excuse to eat the chewy candy-like Rolaids
. . . get out of your job card
. . . way to learn about your husband's cooking skills
. . . weight loss program (so far, I know that will change)
. . . reason to drink a Jamba Juice
. . . reason to buy new clothes
. . . sleeping pill
. . .excuse to hold cute babies ("practice")
I will keep updating this list as I think of more. It helps as the weeks go by and the sickness doesn't go anywhere.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Pregnancy is the best. . . .
Posted by Lexi at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That list is way more optimistic than mine ever were. Good job. It should get better. Good luck.
Re: Best excuse to buy new clothes, Joy says, "Amen!"
It's also the best way to get to meet knew people who give unsolicited advice and want to touch you. "I never had anyone try to touch my tummy. In hindsight, I'm surprised."
It's the best way to get a foot massage or a backrub from your husband.
It's the best excuse for getting out of any church activity you don't want to go to.
"It's the best reason not to pump the gas in your car and to stay away from people who are smoking."
"It's the best reason to have a snack ANY time of the day"
It's the best way to excuse natural moodiness.
It's the best way to avoid eating any concoction you wouldn't touch normally without offending someone. "It's almost as good as being allergic."
It's the best trump argument - no one is allowed to argue with you once you answer, ~Because I'm pregnant.~ even if it MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!
It's also the best excuse for doing anything you want to. Blame it on hormones or nesting instinct or anything else. "You can be a new you, even if you like the old you."
Being pregnant gives you the best daydreams of happy things to come.
We enjoyed being pregnant (aside from the allergies that laid Joy low for 6 months).
I learned in my ob class that sickness isn't just a normal part of pregnancy, but a really good sign. Women who don't get sick have a higher chance of birth defects and problems! So count that one among your blessings as well.
Post a Comment