Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Post/ ultra sound


Here is our most recent picture of our little Petunia. She is all healthy and growing bigger by the day. We didn't get the ultrasound that really shows facial features (that one kind of creeps Ben out, he says it looks like Haan Solo when he is frozen in whatever that stuff is) so we just know her profile for now. She is still a mover and a shaker and a kicker and a swimmer. Also she is a big time daddy's girl. She pushes up against Ben's hand and rubs her little hands or feet along his hand when he puts his hands pretty much anywhere on my stomach. I can try to find her for a half hour and get nothing, but if Daddy comes around she is wherever he is in seconds. Also there have been times when Ben gets home and starts talking to me before hugging me and she will start kicking. That could be coincidental but the rubbing against his hand is not, she knows her daddy.

As you can tell from the picture that Ben posted the other day I have a real belly now. People at church on Sunday finally started saying "Hey, you really are pregnant!" That's what I have been saying for 6 months. People believe me more now. I have been feeling better for the most part. I did have a three day stretch of throwing up again a little over a week ago but it has passed. I have had 6 consecutive weeks vomit free during this pregnancy and almost 8 weeks total. I guess 8 weeks out of 27 is better than 0 weeks. I am just moving in to my third trimester now so I hear that extreme exhaustion will return (hence the unexpected naps) and stay until the end. I am hoping that this doesn't really start until month 9 and the naps this week are just from the very hectic schedule of the week.

I also have had a consistent craving for starbursts. That is the only pregnancy craving that has come back more than once. Ben finally just brought home a really big bag of them so that I don't have to keep texting him on his way home to get some. I also wake up at funny times still, one time it really paid off. I needed water really early one morning and when I came out of our room I saw this. Living where we do in the city the sunset is blocked by buildings for the most part but sunrise gets a clear view, but who is ever awake for that? just the preggos I guess. It was an extra tasty drink of water that morning.

2 comments:

JN Designs said...

She looks like a cutie! I think she may have missed out on Ben's large head- yeah for you!

Hoylelicious said...

Ohh so fun!!! I think those ultrasounds are creepy to EEK!!! But you are so cute and pregnant I love it! We miss you guys - ohh how I will miss my yearly chicago visit this year. Come to Utah soon.