I have been busy, believe it or not. I thought as soon as I wasn't working I would have time for everything but it turns out that I still fill my day, albeit sometimes it is with an unexpected pregnant nap. multiple times I have sat down to think and then decided to lay down for a second, then suddenly it's later and I was asleep. Pregnancy really does a number on you.
So for my first post that I should have done forever ago. . .
Jenna's WeddingWe went back to Utah for my cousin Jenna's wedding. I was so sad that we missed the wedding dinner the night before, it was going on at the same time our plane landed. What a busy day that was for us. We started our day with an ultra-sound and found out that we were having a girl, then walked home and Ben sat down at the computer to work and I headed off to work, MY LAST DAY, which was fantastic, then we went straight to the airport and since we had missed the dinner we stopped at Cafe Rio on the way to my dad's house. I was up early the next morning for the hustle and bustle of wedding day. Jenna really was a cool headed bride, we had some unexpected things go on during that day but she was really calm about them and everything worked out perfectly. As you can see she was a GORGEOUS bride, Steve couldn't stop looking at her. They got married in the new Draper temple which was so pretty. While we were inside a major rain storm started. Lightening, thunder so loud the sealer had to stop talking for a second so we could hear what he was saying, and rain beating on the roof so hard. This was like REAL rain, not Utah rain. But no rain could outshine Jenna on this day and it realized that pretty quickly. By the time we got her all dressed for pictures and ready to leave the temple the rain had stopped and the ground had almost dried.
I'm not kidding when I say that seconds before she walked out the clouds parted and the sun came through. It was rather spectacular. I walked out probably 3 1/2 minutes before she came out and took this picture. All of that was blue when she walked out.
It was so great to be there for her sealing. I was just in awe as I thought back to the past 5 years and all of the changes in Jenna's life. I couldn't be happier that she finally found Steve. I was always so hard on the guys that Jenna dated and I know it drove her crazy (especially when we were living together because I got a first hand look at all of the guys who came around her). I knew Steve was a perfect find because finally here was a guy treating my cousin as if she were someone as special and amazing as I knew she was. Too many guys just didn't realize this, and even with how great Steve thinks she is now, he is in for many more surprises as he gets to know her better and better. I have been so lucky to have my cousin also be my friend, my roommate, and to share life experiences with for so many years. I love you Cousin!
Then we had the reception which was a blast. Everything was decorated so Jenna and the venue was great, there was a barn so of course Ben thought it was the coolest place ever.
Then of course there was dancing and we did our special Michael Jackson Techno dance. I didn't get pictures of the dancing because I was so busy dancing. After dancing, the Cook family siblings shared their special rap number they had prepared for Steve and Jenna. It was great. pretty much the sunglasses made it the most Mike Jones like rap ever. B-BAJ could start a career. Brian also sang a song that he wrote for them.
It was a great family affair.
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Murray!!!!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Finally a post
Posted by Lexi at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment