This picture pretty much sums up how things are going right now. I was poised with the camera at the perfect moment to catch a full gas bubble smile, I love it!
It's a good thing my baby is such a good sleeper because I know that I am supposed to sleep when she sleeps but inevitably I find myself staring a her for so long while she sleeps that I don't think I would get any sleep. She is so cute though. Everyone keeps talking about how hard the first 6 weeks are and how having a baby is harder than you can imagine and we are still waiting for all of that. Right now she sleeps great, eats great, has between an hour and three hours of awake time in the day (she hangs out with Dad and watches EVERYTHING he does. She loves to stare at him when he talks to her and she is so calm and content just to sit with him until it's time to eat again.), she is so easy going that even if something bothers her she is usually over it before she gets a full cry out, and she is so so beautiful (bias).
She has lost weight, as babies do, so she is now only 6lbs 13 ozs. . . that's tiny!!! I can't get over how little she is. We had to go buy more newborn clothes so she would have something to wear, all we have are onesies and newborn stuff just fits her, size zero drowns her. Ben put a pair of pants on that were 0-3 months and they went to her shoulders. We are exhausted beyond anything we can remember but luckily it's not the irritable exhaustion, it's the loopy exhaustion so we just sit and laugh at everything all day and night. Driving to the furniture store was funny, seriously. I was saying that it's too bad no one is with us these first weeks who gets sleep because I would bet that listening to us try to have a converstation with each other is a riot. I'm never quite sure if the words I'm saying are real words or in the right order but Ben seems to understand me so it works. Any outsider would get a laugh for sure. Pretty much we laugh and stare at her and sometimes eat and sleep. Life is good.
The newest, tiniest member of our big city
Apparently Little Isla and I both fell asleep mid conversation
Too cute to miss staring at, sleep will have to wait for me
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Momma Life
Posted by Lexi at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is great to hear you loving being a mommy! I loved those first few weeks. I am still loving it, it can be a trick at times, but never bad enough to bother remembering it. Being a new mom is all consuming and all amazing. It is the best thing in the world, next to having the best husband in the world. I think it is a package deal :) You guys are fantastic! Love you all!
She is really cute guys. I especially love the picture of Macie in Ben's arm. Cherish these first few weeks and how small she is, they grow up and get bigger way too fast!
Lexi,you look amazing. Your baby is gorgeous-- and I love her name! It gets me so excited thinking of the weeks to come!
She looks so small but so adorable! I love the pic of her in bens arms truly shows how small she is!! I love her!
Post a Comment