Sunday, February 14, 2010

Homesick


Lexi and I have been struck with homesickness lately. We miss our city. This suburban life is kind of hard to stomach. We miss being able to take public transit and/or walk everywhere. We miss going to events in Milennium Park. We miss the cotton candy vendor by the harbor. I even miss the guy who weaseled $6 from me in exchange for shining my shoes without my consent.

We're weighing our options right now. It's very tempting to move back to the city. We'll see how long this homesickness lasts.

For any people who read the title and thought that we miss Utah, I'm sorry to let you down. We do, however miss our family and friends there. But you are all welcome to move to downtown Chicago. We can give some good recommendations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you move back, just wait until after we leave first :)

SMT Family said...

We know the feeling! I hope you guys can start to find a few things to enjoy in suburbia while you weigh your options.

NYC is always on the table :) But if you get there before us you might find some long time visitors on your perfect couch! Macie and Savannah would finally get to enjoy some play dates.

The offer for a Spring Break is still on the table . . .

MEL said...

I realize I haven't ever experienced "city" life, but may I suggest that part of your homesickness is tied to that sweet little baby--it takes awhile to figure out how you want to live post-children! When she starts needing room to run around, you'll be glad to be in a neighborhood with a yard!