We had pictures done and I still haven't posted them. Here are a few
I am pretty sure Macie couldn't be any more darling. She is really turning into a toddler. It's scary because I feel like as soon as your baby becomes a toddler people start asking when the next baby is coming. . . I get sick just thinking about it. Pregnancy almost killed me, I'm not ready to do it again. If I could just skip to the trimester THREE life would be good, it's those first two pesky trimesters that make me want to curl up and die.
Macie has started running and talking. She can say Chair (her first word besides Mama, Dada and Uh-oh), Cheese, Door, Yellow, and Isla (her middle name). She can't say Macie yet so if she sees pictures of us she says it's mama, Dada and Isla, also sometimes pronounced more like lila or I-lila. Is this the start of a name change? Who knows. Sometimes she speaks in English and sometimes she speaks in Isla-ndic as I have started calling it. It's not Icelandic like Ben speaks to her on occasion, but it sounds as garbled to me. It's her own language that she has made up and has voice influxes just like our language and is apparently very funny because she laughs a lot, but there are no real words in there. If you hand her the phone she will walk off and tell people stories in Isla-ndic. On and on and on telling them all about her day and laughing and sometimes singing. If you want to hear Islanic just give us a call and I will send her off with the phone.
As you can tell, she has chunked out quite nicely. I laugh that we ever worried so much about her weight. In the last 4 months she has gone from almost being big enough for 6-9 month clothing to yesterday wearing an 18-24 month dress that was not really too big for her. I bought her all new clothes and within 3 weeks the dresses were shirts. She is growing and changing and developing so fast it makes our heads spin. She started teething again two weeks ago and has gotten 4 molars and I'm pretty sure has 4 more coming in. They just all come in at once. It's awful for all parties involved. I am praying that she gets all the teething done in time to go to Arizona in two weeks. If not there will be no sleep on this trip. She is up 1-4 times a night and that is WITH medicine. It has to end. We have given up hope that her crib will make it through this, she chews it up continually, along with her hands, toys,frozen grapes and peas, and toothbrush. But not her teethers, she has no interest in those anymore.
She is also an avid reader, she reads almost everyday. When I start cleaning the house in the morning she goes into her room and sits in the book corner and pulls out every book she owns and reads through them. Sometimes she signs the animals she sees, sometimes she does the noises for them, sometimes she "reads" them aloud in Islandic, and with her Up on the Housetop book she sings along to the Ho,Ho,Ho parts and moves her hands like she is snapping on the "click, click, click"parts and claps her hands on "a whip that cracks". Yes I know that this is a Christmas book and it is now March, but it's the only book we have that plays music (which she LOVES) when you open it. And it has actions to the song. I can't beat that. Until I can, every morning in this house is still Christmas morning.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Family Pictures
Posted by Lexi at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures! She is a doll so adorable. we need to catch up soon hope all is going well for you guys;)
SUPER CUTE That cotton candy looks delicous!
Post a Comment