Last weekend was awesome for me, how great that next I get Thanksgiving Day weekend which I love too.
Friday:
Ben came home from work and we had a dinner that I can honestly say I have never had before.For the first time ever, I had pizza delivered to my house. . . that I can eat! There is a place here called Marcello's that makes AMAZING pizza and they have a gluten free crust option. I had an artichoke heart and plum tomato pizza, that I didn't have to make. It was wonderful. In my dinner prayer I blessed someone else for making dinner, it was like the best thing ever! Then as if that wasn't enough for an evening. We went to see TWILIGHT!!! Yes, my husband came with me to see it. I was bored for parts of it because, in spite of how fast they had to fly through each scene, they left out SOOO much. Mostly what they were thinking and feeling and Bella not breathing at a certain time or noticing the smell of Edward. I thought they would at least have done those things a little. I was worried that Ben was going to think it wasn't good and not read the book and not understand the intrigue. When it was over he looked at me and I was waiting for him to say, "okay then" but instead he said "that was really good" I was kind of surprised. I guess they really did do a good job of keeping someone who hasn't read the book interested without being confused. I was so glad. Now I think I can talk him into reading the book. When we go home for Christmas I will borrow it again. I heard after that Stephanie Meyer had a cameo in the movie and I didn't even realize it. When I was told what scene it was I remembered thinking, "why did they just do that, are we supposed to know that character?" I swear I go into another world when I read those books so it only makes sense I guess that when watching the movie I return to that world and Stephanie Meyer doesn't live in that world so I wouldn't recognize her. I am still a bigger fan of the book but it was fun to see the movie, as well as the 150 teenagers that we saw it with. . . all loud and obnoxious in the theater.
Saturday:
Well we were supposed to go get free flu shots at the church on Saturday morning. . . I remembered that Sunday morning. So if we get the flu this season we will be kicking ourselves. But what we did do is go to Target. We love Target and we haven't been there in so long. We got a table for our living room which makes me feel like it's really come together. With the new pillows and tree thing and the table it actually looks like we meant to live here. I don't have a picture of the table yet but it's right on the end of the couch under the clock.
I have wanted the thee thing for such a long time. It was the best day when we went to go put it together with things from the Crate & Barrel store, and outlet, and CB2 store.
Anyway back to Target. We are not allowed to go in there because we love to look at everything they have and all of the neat gift sets and displays and Christmas trees and ornaments. Of course we inevitably find some things that we didn't know we needed but do now. One thing that we did need that I was so excited to get was my nieces Christmas dress.
I am so excited to see her in this. I am such a sucker for festive clothing. i know her dad will hat hate glitter because it will get all over anyone who holds her until it's washed, I didn't realize that until I got it home, but I know that McKayla will LOVE the glitter "pretty!" so it all works out in the end.
Getting Christmas outfits also keeps me occupied until it's time to actually go home. I have to go to H & M to get Kaden's stuff and there isn't one in Salt Lake so I have to be here, it's not that we just can't go home yet, I'm just too busy to fly home. I'll keep telling myself that until it's time to go.
Then, as if that wasn't enough excitement for one day I hung out with Mickey and Minnie and Chip and Dale and that guy from Madagascar. . .
Chicago has a parade every year on Michigan Avenue called the Festival of Lights. It's when they turn on the lights on Michigan Ave to prepare for Christmas. Disney World sends up floats and characters for the occasion. If we sat in out living room we could have watched it from the couch as it went by but instead we went out in the cold thinking it would be faster leaving if we were already outside and if we went to the beginning of the parade route (Our house was at the end). Little did we know that they were going to close the bridge so we didn't get more than a block away from our house. We ended up being right in the front which made viewing great but in the dark, trying to take pictures, with the floats moving so fast it made for the blurrr. The last picture I was trying to get the lights on the top of the Wrigley building in it. I don't know how well you can see them, they were bright red and green. We didn't stay the whole time so I didn't get to see the featured performance by some sisters that I have never heard of, apparently though a lot of kids came this year just to see them. We tried leaving quickly but got stuck in the crowd and it took a lot of mosh pit like moving to get through them and down to the train station for the second half of our wonderful evening.
As many of you know, we are a house divided. Ben attended that blue school while I attended the red school North of it. Well this was our day. We love to watch the BYU UTAH game and we weren't letting Disney World get in the way of that. We can't get it on our TV and we didn't know anyone else who could get it on their TV either but Ben's co-worker Kathy said she was going to watch it at a place called Kirkwood that has every sports channel you could think of and she knew it had The Mountain. She is that random person who isn't from Utah, not LDS, but attended the U. I know this is not as random as the person who is like that and attends BYU but still funny. So we went there to watch with the random other Utah fan. I was very glad about that since all you seem to find outside of Utah are dang Cougars wherever you look. This was a new experience for us since Kirkwood is a bar. There we were, all drinking our water and eating artichoke dip at the bar watching the biggest big screen and being totally engrossed in the game while people around us were drinking alcohol out of boots and fish bowls and all manner of strangeness. Ben said it was the most interesting BYU game he has ever attended. It was a great game for the Utes. What a play, and then another great play, and another, and another. It was awesome. Ben was a bit sad to see how many times his team threw the ball right to the boys in red (it was 5 for the record). I have waited two years for a win and boy did I get it! Here we are celebrating a wonderful win. I think Kathy is trying to do a U but it came out as "I love you" which is nice too :)
Here is the final score.
Love it! What a great day. I came home and sang the fight song and danced around the living room for a bit and then I was done and let my husband mourn. . . until Sunday when I wore a black dress with a red jacket, red earings, and red shoes to church. The funny thing is that Monday when he was walking out the door I told him that I thought it was odd that he was wearing a red shirt and black pants. He said "oh man!" He kept it on anyway since he had talked up BYU sooooo much over the season and had nothing to show for it. It was his gift for Kathy instead of making her a cake in the shape of a U with red frosting, which Kathy and I discussed him doing to make up for all the hot air talk.
I must say the weekend was eventful and great all around. GO UTES!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
What a weekend!
Posted by Lexi at 8:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Ben...after reading your last post I was inspired to send you the link to a blog that one of my dearest friends keep. http://glutenfreebetty.blogspot.com/ Her name is Meri & most of her family have to eat glutten-free. Hope this blog might help Lexi out.
Hey & she is currently living in Chicago....isn't that where you guys are? Anyhow, hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Check this out.
Man talk about craming everything into one weekend you guys are bussy over there. I love the tree lexie that is soo u! hope u guys have a great thanksgiving!
Yeah for Pizza you can eat!!!
GO Utes!
You are simple adorable Lexi and I miss your face! hope to see you again soon, maybe my work will send me on another business trip and I can take a train to see you. Their is talk of one in January - we will see.
Post a Comment