Thursday, May 28, 2009

Anniversary




We are the busiest people in May. Our anniversary comes 8 days after my birthday and we decided to take a weekend in the city and really enjoy the things around us. We went to the Planetaruim via water taxi. Ben was totally a tourist taking pictures of everything because really this stuff is still new to him. He doesn't hang out downtown all day like I do. It was really fun to watch him enjoy it all. The planetarium is out on the very tip of the "island" (it's attached to land but it's still called an island) it's a fabulous view from there. You get to see the city and the lake.I liked that from the boat we could see our neighborhood
See the black building at the right? Ours is the one right next to it on the left. It is further away from us than the black one, they are actually only one or two floors different from each other.
This is me at the planetarium, I am teaching the astronomy class in the 1400's. That's my astronomers robe, I'm very official. We also had lunch at the Signature room on hte 95th floor of the Hancock Tower.
We tried to get a piture by the windows but first of all Ben doesn't go near windows at that height (he did lean over and look out for 2 seconds because I teased him that the 5 year olds were playing next to the window and he woudn't go near it) and second with that window we can't see the person in front and the buildings behind at the same time. I really do have a a little belly that day, I am wearing that dress for a reason.
We had a good time with each other for our little weekend. It's so funny, on our first anniversary I felt like time had gone by so quickly and I couldn't believe it had been a year already. This year though I feel like so many things have happened that two years just didn't seem like long enough. It was weird to say it was our second anniversary. This year we have had Ben's graduation, a trip out of the country, moving, getting a real job, house hunting, buying a house, getting pregnant, trips home, a trip to the beach. It's unbelievable how many things you can pack into one year. We have had a great year and all of a sudden we turned into grown ups.

0 comments: